Third grade in the Dioceses of Fargo is when students celebrate the Sacraments of Confirmation and 1st Eucharist. Students prepare for Confirmation the first part of the year, September through January. Students prepare for 1st Eucharist the second part of the year, January through April/May. Students make their Confirmation/1st Eucharist on the day that is set by the Bishop. The Diocese follows restored order according to how the Sacraments are listed in the Catechism, Baptism, Confirmation, and 1st Eucharist. For more information on this contact Msgr. Skonseng, Jackie McGlade, or Diocese of Fargo.
This year includes four extra session for parents to attend to help prepare their student for the Sacraments and during this time students attend class, since there is so much information to cover during this year. Students also attend two retreats-one for Confirmation and one for 1st Eucharist. Students are expected to complete a workbook for Confirmation and 1st Eucharist, Saint Report, pick a sponsor that follows Diocese’s guidelines, and complete two interviews with Msgr on the Sacraments.
Students will also learn from the Alive in Christ curriculum, Grade 3.
Catechist: Darlene Kerzman
Catechist info: firstname.lastname@example.orgSchedule for St. Catherine students Schedule for Public School students
- September 19th at 6:30 pm for parents and students-Confirmation, Daycare available
- October 24th at 6:30 pm for parents and students-Confirmation, Daycare available
- February 13th, 2019 at 6:30 pm for parents and students-1st Eucharist, Daycare available
- March 13th, 2019 at 6:30 pm for parents and students
- Daycare available
- January 13th, 2019 – 1-4 pm Confirmation Retreat
- March 24th, 2019 – 1-4 pm Eucharist Retreat
Friday, March 29th-Confirmation/1st Eucharist
- 6 pm Confirmation and 1st Eucharist with Bishop Folda (meet in Church Hall at 5pm to practice)
- Reconciliation available on Wednesday March 27th for students and parents
-Confirmation Celebration with Parish-March 31st
- 10:30 am Mass with meal to follow (students and families meet in Church Hall at 10:15, will process in together and sit together)
Contact Information: Jackie McGlade Coordinator of Religious Education